Sunday, December 28, 2008

Averi's Home!

Yesterday at the hospital, the doctor said that Averi was going to have to stay there until Tuesday. So, I started making plans for the family, and who was going where and who was going to watch the kids, because Steve has to go to work on Monday. However, the doctor checked on her today, and said she was doing so well, that she could go home tonight. Her blood test didn't show anymore signs of bacteria present. She had to have one more treatment of the iv antibiotics. So, at about six o'clock, we were able to come home. The hospital facilities were very nice, but Averi had about had it! She wanted to come home to her pink bed! When she saw the nurse this afternoon, she threw a fit and spilled her milk everywhere and was screaming. Here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday when Averi was a bit more happy.

Daddy brushing Averi's hair after her bath.

Averi's infected arm. It is hard to see all the redness in this picture, and this picture is about 50% better than it originally looked!

The inside of her infected arm where the cat actually bit her.


Averi was so happy to come home. She kept saying things like, "I love the dark, and I love this truck, and I love my pink bed." She still has to be on different antibiotics for the next ten days and a couple more visits with her pediatrician. (Can you imagine how shot her immune system is going to be after this!) I did some research on the iv antibiotic she was being given. It is called vancomycin, and it is considered 'the last resort medicine.'
We are so thankful for everyone who called and was concerned and also for all of the prayers that went out in our behalf. I have felt a lot of peace and comfort through this whole ordeal!Thank you everyone! It is funny how life is suddenly put in perspective when you have a sick child. We are truely so blessed to have the power of the priesthood and faith in prayers!
Well, even though I appreciate the hospital and staff, I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, without beeping machines, and nurses coming in to check vital signs! Oh yea...and real food! My new motto for 2009: 'no vending machines!'

4 comments:

Marlo said...

Welcome home Averi!!! How amazing you got to come home today!! Sweet dreams in your pink princess bed!!

Mansius Family said...

I'm so glad that she is home! Eliza missed Averi today. Let me know if there is anything I can do even if it is just watching your kids so that you can catch up on all that missed sleep.

Lani said...

Yea!! Jen I'm so glad she's home! I kept checking to see if you had updated on her. I hope everyone had a great first night back home!

Unknown said...

That's so great!! I love how she love's everything!! :) Her poor little arm.