Saturday, December 27, 2008

Averi Update

So, when we woke up on Friday, Averi's arm was worse and her fever was still high. We cancelled Disneyland, and instead decided to take Averi back to the E.R. The redness and swelling was just growing and not looking right.
Basically, at Mercy Southwest, they said we did the right thing by bringing her back. We were there from 8 a.m. til 2 p.m. They took blood from her, and found out her white cell count was extremely high, and then they took an x-ray, and found out that luckily the infection is not in her bones. However, she needed to be admitted, and Mercy Southwest does not have a pediatric ward. Therefore, we took a ride in an ambulance over to Memorial hospital. Averi has her own little room there, and the staff is so wonderful. The doctor came in last night, and diagnosed her with some weird name. Basically, it is a staff infection! He said it is very hard to treat, and her put her on a new antibiotic, that is so powerful, that after every third dose, they have to give her a blood test to make sure is isn't affecting her kidneys and liver to much. The good news is, there is a 90% chance she will respond to it, which is good since no one can give me an answer on what will happen if she doesn't respond.
Her poor arm is so swollen, red, and painful to touch. She seemed to be feeling better this morning, and actually ate some breakfast. I stayed the night with her last night, and Steve came and relieved me this morning, which was nice since vending machine food is getting old! So, I m going to take a shower and head back to the hospital to get the results of the blood test they took this morning.
thank you for all the prayers, and I will kept my blog updated as much as I am home :) Hopefully Averi will only have to be there for 48 hours, because she says she doesn't wanted anymore pokes, and she wants to go home!

1 comment:

Lani said...

Jen, I'm so sorry! I wish I were there to help you!
Poor little Averi. She'll be in our prayers.
Hang in there. Give me a call if you need to talk to someone. Love you guys!!