Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

So, I spent most of the morning finishing up Averi's quilt. We are really hoping that Santa brings her a new bed. She asked for a pink bed in her letter to Santa, and so I made her this quilt in case he does bring her a bed. I am proud of this one! It is pink princesses and the backing is pink shaggy material. It was hard to sew with and so heavy that Steve had to move my sewing machine into the living room, and hold part of the quilt up while I sewed it together. But Averi loves it and wants to sleep with it, even if it isn't in her own bed!

On Christmas Eve, we went up to Pappa and Grandma's house for a nice steak dinner. When we came home, we let the kids open their present from dad and mom. We get them pajamas every year that they are allowed to open on Christmas Eve. They are so excited, and vow to stay up until Santa arrives!


2 comments:

Melia said...

That is an amazing blanket! Your very good with the sewing machine! The dress you made Avery was very pretty!! Are you guys going to be able to make it up here for mikes wedding? We hope you can! Merry Christmas, Hopefully it was great!

Lani said...

Wow! I should have had you give me sewing lessons when I came over to visit teach. It looks beautiful!