Monday, December 1, 2008

All I Ever Needed To Know, I Learned In The First Ten Years Of Marriage!

Let me just start by saying that Steve isn't an animal lover. He doesn't mind them...he just doesn't really want to have any pets. I have talked before about getting a cat, and he always says, "don't do that."
So, I realized this week, that even though we have been married for ten years, there is still a lot that I am learning about Steve. As everyone knows, Averi is definitely 'Daddy's Little Girl." Well, Averi loves animals, especially cats! She always pretends that she is a pink kitty. Well...Steve has been traveling a lot for work lately...sigh...the last three out of four weeks he has been gone. (I'm not complaining....just stating facts!) So, I decided that it was time to get Averi a kitten of her own. Of course, I didn't tell Steve ahead of time, because he would say no. I just figured I would deal with him later. So, Averi and I went to a friend of a friends house...and picked out our kitten. We named him Louis. He is a very sweet cat, and basically let Averi torture,....I mean take care of him. So, we got the cat on a Tuesday, and I figured that I had until Steve got home on Friday to break the news to him. However, when we called Daddy on the phone to say goodnight, Averi talked to him for about five minutes straight all about her cat named Louis, and how much she loves him, etc, etc, etc.... So, here I am sweating bullets, and I get back on the phone with Steve....I said, "How much trouble am I in?" Guess what he says!...."None, honey, she really loves that cat, and I haven't heard her that excited in a long time!".......I'm just sitting there thinking, "you have got to be kidding me!" I have a feeling that Averi is going to get anything in life she wants, and I am going to be the one to put my foot down to her!
Instead of being happy that he wasn't upset, I learned a very important lesson about Steve and our marriage that night......Whenever I want something, I am just going to go out and get it and let Averi break the news to Steve!
Averi and Louis


3 comments:

Marlo said...

oh that is just too cute, and sweet and funny all rolled into one!! cutest picture of Averi with her kitty!!

Unknown said...

Lol that was too funny. I think I'll take that route to. Very cute kitty!

Lani said...

Too funny Jen! We all know I'm not a great lover of animals, but Averi and her kitten look pretty darn cute together. Daddy's little girl for sure!