Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas morning brought upon our family much joy. It is fun to have small children and they are so excited for the arrival of Santa. Last night, they all slept in my bed with me. Low and behold it was a very restless night for me. Averi kept squirming and moaning and had me up about every hour last night. Finally, at six, I got up for good, and she was burning up. We took her temperature (102*) and immediately put her in the bathtub. She got a dose of Tylenol and then we set out to open our presents.

Christmas Morning

Averi got a princess dress! Santa also brought her her pink bed. She was so excited!


Wyatt was more interested in the wrapping paper than the actually presents. He is so mobile lately that we had to put him in Averi's old walker (yes, I know it is pink), so that he doesn't get into too much!


The boys got their Wii!
So much for a small Christmas. But, I do have to admit that it is nice not having small parts of toys everywhere!
Averi still wasn't feeling well and was still running a fever, even after taking a nap in her new pink bed. I noticed a scratch on her arm that looked pretty red. I asked her what happened, and she said the cat scratched her and bit her. During the early afternoon, we watched this scratch swell up her whole arm and turn really splotchy red. Therefore, I took her to Urgent care, not knowing what was wrong. After 1 1/2 hours there, Grandma came down and joined us. I so glad she was there, because I felt like the worst mom in the world when the doctor came in and said that Averi has a serious skin infection from the cat bite. (Should I have known this?) Then the doctor proceeded to give her a dose of Motrin and Tylenol with codeine. We went up to the pharmacy and picked up her antibiotics, with the strict instructions that if the swelling doesn't get any better within two days, she needs to go back to the hospital to be admitted! Pappa came down and he and Steve gave her a blessing. She seems to be feeling better despite throwing up all the medicine they gave her! So now, we are just praying that she gets better, considering twelve people are heading down to Anaheim tomorrow to go to Disneyland on Saturday. I really hope she responds to the medicine, considering she has really been looking forward to going to see all the princesses!
I hope all our family and fiends had a Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

Lani said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Averi! I hope the antibiotics are working and she doesn't have to go in. Poor little thing-she definitely needs to see the princesses now!
I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas and I just got your card today-very cute!