Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Parties

Since I am room mom in both Ethan and Gavin's classes, this entire week was devoted to getting ready for their Christmas parties. In Gavin's class, I helped them put together a reindeer puppet, and decorate cookies. The kids had all written letters to Santa last week, and during the party, Mrs. Nightengale came in with a stack of freezing cold letters that has just arrived from the North Pole for each kid. They were so excited that Santa wrote them back, and the excitement and pictures on their faces were priceless! It really got me into the Christmas spirit to be in the class while this party was going on.
In Ethan's class, I spent the week putting together gift bags for all the kids, and then supplying them with sugar cookies (thank you Lani for the delicious recipe!) I was so nervous last night trying to frost them, because I have never prepared sugar cookies before. (I am too much of a chocolate chip lover to try anything else.) But, they turned out well and the kids enjoyed them. Needless to say, i was exhausted after the day in the classrooms, and really thankful that Steve couldn't get over the grapevine to work this morning. I came home and took a long rest all by myself.

2 comments:

Marlo said...

how fun to help with the parties at school... you are way too awesome Jen. take it easy!! (just say no!!)

Lani said...

I can't believe you did all of that. I think you're over doing it!! I am glad the sugar cookies worked. I told you it was the easiest recipe ever!