Friday, May 1, 2009

Pinewood Derby!

I should have updated this earlier this week, but I am still getting to know my new computer, and just downloaded all of my camera software today! Last Tuesday, we had the Pinewood Derby. Talk about fun! Steve went over to the church late on Monday night for two hours to set up the track. I was very appreciative of this. We only have three scouts, so I thought the evening would be a bust, even though the boys were really looking forward to it. However, I was wrong. Many family members showed up and we ended up having a great time. I have to say we were packed solid up in the scout room. My first rule was that nobody touches the track. I thought the thing would fall apart because it is so rickety!
The boys and family members worked hard on their cars, and Ethan didn't even care that his lost all of the races! Yes, next year we need more weight on his car.
The scouts showing their pride with their cars, along with me and Sister Rivera!

My crew before the derby!

I went home exhausted and had to take a two hour nap on Wednesday just to recover! I am however, looking forward to next years derby!


3 comments:

DOLLCASA said...

I am so glad the Pinewood Derby went so well. I know the boys loved it. David has many great memories of doing the Pinewood Derby on that track. I am glad it is still holding together.

Marlo said...

Hey Jen, Glad everyone had a great time!!! I'm looking forward to next years too... since Easton will be in Cubs!! Great times!! Thanks for all your hard work! hope you had a nice relaxing weekend at the coast!

Lani said...

Tell Ethan that next year will be his year. Logan's first year his car never even crossed the finish line, but his 2nd year he came out on top!