Thursday, May 7, 2009

Morro Bay

Last Saturday, the family packed a bag and headed out to Morro Bay! It was bit of a spontaneous trip, and we were supposed to go with the Hull Family, but Krystal ended up sick. We decided to head out there anyway, since I have been promising to take the kids to the beach for a while now. They had so much fun, and it was so nice to get away and relax! Once we checked into our hotel room, we immediately headed to the 'big rock' and to play at the beach. The weather predicted rain, but we didn't care...and it ended up being beautiful there. Steve had a heyday with my camera, and here are some of the results! The town of Morro Bay.

Wyatt's first experience with the ocean. The second we put him down, he was off.....


His first taste of sand. He loved digging in it, but didn't think it tasted so good!


As you can see by Averi's expression, she was so excited when we arrived!


She immediately wanted to go to the water, which was cold!!!!!


Ethan and Gavin helping Wyatt get his feet wet! They are such good helpers with him and both say, "I love that little boy!"


I had to help keep Wyatt upright because I was afraid he would try and eat the seaweed.


Cute picture!


I felt like a genius of a mom the day before when I went to WalMart and bought sand toys for the kids. I made sure everyone had a bucket and pail, and it ended up being such a good idea to get them!


Ethan and Gavin also got some squirt guns that they had a blast with.


How sandy can one little boy get? Well, Wyatt ended up with so much on him, that we had to take him over to the showers that the surfers use. He didn't like that experience so much!


Averi spent most of her time digging rather than playing in the water.


Yes, and actual picture of me...relaxing, in my pregnant state of mind!


The kids enjoyed climbing on the rocks there. I tried to get a picture of the big Morro Rock behind them.
We ended up Saturday evening going downtown, where I found a homemade chocolate shop! Need I say anymore!.....
The next day we decided to head down to Montana De Oro, where we camped with the boys years ago. We forgot how long of a hike it is down to the beach, but we wanted to see the tide pools. About a quarter of a mile into the hike with four kids, strollers, and sand toys, we decided it wasn't going to work. The trail was only about a foot wide that we were hiking on, and it was just to difficult to get the stroller through. Also, when I spotted the beach, it was high tide, and we knew we wouldn't get to be able to get to any sand for the kids. We started to head back to the car, and low and behold.....Steve says ,"Averi, hold still." We all froze, and Steve proceeded to pick a tick off of her shirt! (How ironic is it that Averi is the one child the tick finds?) We all double times it back to the car after that where I basically made the kids strip down, so we could do a tick check on their bodies!
We ended up down the coast a couple of miles at Avila Beach. One of my favorite places on the coast! I think it is the best beach to take children too. It turned out to be another sunny and beautiful day, and we stayed there for a couple of hours before we had to head back to reality. It was so nice to get away.















2 comments:

Lani said...

Such sweet pictures Jen!

Marlo said...

huh wierd... I thought I commented on this already... looks like a fantastic time. the pictures are just soooooooooo cute and must make you so proud seeing your kids so kind to each other!!