Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Love Mother's Day



I love Mother's Day, because I love homemade gifts from the kids. I always tell the family not to buy me anything at all, because all I want are the girt that the children make for me! I treasure them more than anything that can be bought in a store!

So, on Friday, when I picked Averi up from preschool, she had a card for me that she glued all these foam sticker on, and a flower made from pipe cleaners. She was so proud of herself! After I opened her gift, when made me wrap it all up again and do it a second time!

I had to pick the boys up early from school, in order to get to my doctor's appointment on time. Gavin had been working hard in class, and gave me this card he made, with a necklace, made of purple string with beads, that had a big plastic sign that said '#1 Mom' on it. He said to be, "I got to color it with permanent markers, and I didn't get any on my skin! Will you wear my necklace mom?" So, of course, I wore it proudly all day, even to my ultrasound appointment!

Ethan made me this sweet card in class and I actually cried when I read it. It came with coupons for chores that he gets to do for me. Then he said something that I will never forget. He was so sincere when he said this that it touched my heart so much. He told me that his teacher said that he need to make me breakfast in the morning and bring it to me while I am still in bed. Then he asked me, "Mom, what it your favorite kind of cereal?"....I laughed, thinking to myself...I am such a lucky mom....does it get any better than this?

3 comments:

Marlo said...

I completly agree... homemade, thoughtful gifts are the best!! hope you had a fantastic Mother's day Jen!!

Unknown said...

Your kids say the funniest things they always make me laugh. I love the mother's day gifts you received very cute! Kids get so excited about what they made themselves. So how much were you hurting after the chocolate store???? Naughty!!!!

Love Ya!

T

Lani said...

That little Ethan, too sweet!