Friday, October 30, 2009

Student Of The Month!

On Thursday, Gavin got Student of the Month for his class! I always call this 'mom's payday', but this year, the school didn't send their letter informing me of him getting student of the month until after the ceremony. I was soooooooo...upset. This isn't something that I would ever miss. When I opened the mail and saw that he was getting this award, they had only handed it out about a half hour earlier. Anyways, Gavin is so easy going, and when I apologized to him for not being there, he just said, "It's ok mom." Well, to me is wasn't, and I actually made a stink about it to the Loudon staff. (obviously, I am still not over it!) So, today while Gavin was in school, I decided that we would celebrate with the family. I decorated his room in streamers and put up a posters saying, "Gavin we are so proud of you."
When the kids got home, we blew up balloons and put on music and danced together (one of the kids favorite things to do)!
Gavin is having a wonderful year in school and he is such a good kid! I am so lucky to have him. His quiet nature is so appreciated in the home. He makes being a mom easy!
We love you Gavin and we are so proud of you! And yes......I am one of those moms who cherishes the bumper sticker!



2 comments:

Marlo said...

congrats Gavin!! love that you celebrated with the family! The only time I've been notified that my kids are SoTM is when they were in Kindergarten. Glad you let the school know that's not okay! your a great mom Jen!

Lani said...

I know you LOVE your bumper stickers! Yea Gavin-that's awesome! Sorry you missed it Jen-I would have loved to hear you talking to the staff about it.