Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blue and Gold dinner

Last night was our cub scout blue and gold dinner. Luckily Steve had the day off and he was a huge help. The family was at the church starting at about 3:30 p.m. Steve ended up cooking all the food. The cub scouts picked the meal keeping with our theme 'American ABC's.'
My children kept themselves pretty entertained while Steve and I were preparing everything. I think Wyatt was just excited about all of the space to crawl around for hours. The other kids jut had to make sure he didn't swallow everything he could get his hands on! They were having so much fun outside that I had to grab the camera!
I only have three cub scouts, but they worked hard on their projects to display at the dinner, and I was very proud of them for accomplishing everything! They had their first awards ceremony, which I think made up for all the hard work. Steve, being our Cub Master, got the chance to present the awards to the boys! I just got to sit back and enjoy the ceremony!
Ethan earned his Bobcat award and got to pin me. I enjoyed this, and Ethan made me promise to keep my pin in a safe place! He also received his soccer, geography, and heritage belt loops.

HE was so excited. I love this picture of him!

A rare chance for all three of us to get a picture together. (Thank you Melissa for taking over the camera!)

All in all, everything went smoothly, thanks to the help of many! It was a successful dinner, and I came home E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D! But it was well worth it!



4 comments:

Lani said...

Jen you are such a great mom! I could just feel the excitement that you have for Ethan's scouting in that post. You've inspired me to do better at caring about Logan's scouting. He just had his blue and gold and it was all I could do to move my feet out the door to attend. Tonight it's me and Logan and the scout book! Thanks for helping me get back on track!

Marlo said...

Great job jen and Steve!! Big congrats to Ethan on his awards!! Glad everything went well last night and just take it easy, hope you get to take a nice nap today!!

DOLLCASA said...

I am so glad everything worked out. It sounds like you put a lot of time into it. I'm sure the boys and parents appreciated it. I think that is great that you get to work so closely with Ethan on his scouting.

Unknown said...

Congrats Ethan on all your awards that's AWESOME! Jen I loved the birthday pictures of Wyatt so adorable I love the bite into the cake. Cracked me up.
What a cute guy you have!!