Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Cub Scout!

Ethan has been a cub scout since December, but I have failed to get him the uniform! He keeps asking me to do it, and I keep putting it off, because I know it is going to be expensive. So, last Tuesday, after scouts, I promised I would have it before the following week. He was the only one without it there, and kids of upset about that. So, here I am, den mother, and it is my sons that has nothing for scouts! anyways, this morning, I remembered that I promised him I would have it my tonight! So, while the boys were in school, I took Wyatt and Averi to the scout office and picked up all the essentials! $73.07 later, he had everything he needs! I layed it all out on his bed for him, and when he got home from school, I told him, "Ethan, you need to go and make your bed!" He looked at me weird, and went into his room to do it. He came out so excited, and told me I was the best mom in the world! So, we put it on him tonight, and when Steve got home he told Ethan how handsome he looked, and Ethan just beamed with excitement. It is funny to me how little things, such as a scout uniform can make Ethan so happy. He enjoys scouts so much, and I love being his den mother!

3 comments:

Marlo said...

Oh you look very snazzy in your new cub scout uniform Ethan. (seriously 73 bucks... insane!!) like the pregnancy icon jen, congrats again!... so fun talking to you this morning!

Lani said...

Welcome to the "Party of Five" club! I'm so excited for you, I'm still in a little bit of shock and you know I need details, so call me first thing when you get home on Saturday.
Congratulations!!!

Lani said...

And I forgot to tell Ethan he looks very handsome and official in his uniform!