Friday, September 4, 2009

First Day Of School

August 24th was the boys first day of school for the year. Ethan is in 3rd grade this year and has Mrs. Lackey/Mrs. Payne for teachers (job share). I had heard previously that they are good teachers, very gentle, and no yelling goes on in the classroom! Therefore, I was really happy he got them. Gavin is in 2nd grade, and has Mrs. Brown, who I already know because Ethan had her in first grade.
We always walk to school the on the first day, and this year was no exception. By the time I got home, being 34 weeks pregnant, I cancelled all further walks until the baby is born!
It is nice to get back into a routine of no video games or movies during the week, where life is about homework and going to bed at 7:00 p.m. I have to admit, I miss sleeping in and it has been hard for me to wake up and hit the ground running in the mornings! But, the kids are thriving and love being back at school...where recess is always the best part of their day!

1 comment:

Lani said...

I just love school! Not the homework, but I do have to say I enjoy my older 3 gone time!