Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reagen Is Home!

On Monday, I went to pick up Reagen from the hospital. The boys usually go to bed at 7 p.m. but we let them stay up a bit later until I got home so they could actually hold and touch their sister for the first time. Averi is just overjoyed to have her home. She calls Reagen "my baby' and wants to hold her all the time, even when she is sleeping! I thought there would be a bit of jealousy, but there doesn't seem to be!
Steve is totally in love with her!

Gavin also loves her. When he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he does is go and see her. The boys use to fight over the front seat in the car, but now Gavin wants to sit in the back next to his sister all the time.
Ethan didn't want to hold her when she came home. I think he was a bit scared because she is so little. But he has since there and keeps coming up to me telling me how much he loves Reagen!
Wyatt...well, that is another story. He can't quite figure her out! He tried to grab her like a baby doll at first, and now just likes to pat her head...just a little too hard. I did catch him giving her a kiss while she was in her carrier today.
Mom...well just a bit sleep deprived. I forgot what it is like to have a newborn at home, and I am paranoid every time she falls asleep, and check on her all the time to make sure she is still breathing! She is a sweet baby and so beautiful. I am thankful for her!



3 comments:

Marlo said...

oh she is just so cute and all the pictures of the kids and steve holding her are just the sweetest!! oh it's so wonderful having a newborn (except for the sleepless nights) hope you are feeling better, and I'm looking forward to seeing her!

Lani said...

Look at the big sister! How sweet is Averi holding her!
She's so cute Jen! I'm so excited she's home. Wish I could see her!

DOLLCASA said...

Congratulations! Reagen is so beautiful! I can't believe the ordeal of her delivery, but I am so glad to hear that you both are doing good. It is so cute to see her and Averi together.