Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kids Say The Funniest Things!

Leave it to my children to keep me on my toes, and bring laughter to the home. I had the funniest experience tonight......At dinner, it was Averi's turn to say the blessing on the food. She usually does this all by herself! It is really cute to listen to her say prayer. However, tonight, she asked me if I would help her. So, I started whispering in her ear what to say. Somehow, she must have misunderstood what I was whispering, because half way through the prayer, it came out like this:

Mom: "Bless this food."
Averi: "Bless this food."
Mom: "Help it to nourish us."
Averi: "Thank you for nothing!"

I burst out laughing right in the middle of the prayer, and couldn't even help her finish. So, Averi, being the dramatic three year old she is, looks up at me, puts her hands on her hips, and yells A-M-E-N!

2 comments: