Friday, September 26, 2008

Kern County Fair

Pappa and Grandma took the kids and me to the fair on Thursday. It was a hot day, but we had so much fun. The boys had looked forward to going all week long. They earned their free tickets by reading three hours in a certain amount of days. They even cleaned their room without complaints and went to bed the night before without having to be prompted by Mom! Averi was really looking forward to seeing all of the animals, especially the black horses. She is obsesses with black horses lately for some reason. Here are some pictures of our day.....
Pappa and Wyatt relaxing in the shade.
Averi driving the blue car.
Ethan flying the plane. He really looked forward to this, and I could just imagine him pretending he was a Japanese Fighter in WWII!
Gavin also enjoyed the plane!
Wyatt smiling and cute as ever!
Averi petting a cow! Funny story.....as I was taking this picture, one of the girls was leading her cow down the isle. As this cow passed me, it smacked me in the head with its tail! I said, "What the heck was that?" My dad was laughing so hard as I realized I had just been swatted by a cow!
I found out that Averi has no fear of the rides. I went on the swings with her. During the ride, I looked over at her to make sure she was o.k., because they do go a bit high. She exclaimed, "I'm flying....I'm flying!" Funny girl!
All-in-all it was a great time!

3 comments:

Mansius Family said...

Lots of fun! We got to go Wednesday night and had so much fun. Your pictures are great too!

Lani said...

Looks like everyone had a fabulous time at the fair! Yea for grandparents! Loved the story with you and the cow tail!
Wyatt is getting so cute and chubby!!

Marlo said...

glad you guys got to go have some fun... see you tonight!