Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gavin's Soccer Game

Gavin is playing soccer this season for YMCA. I always enjoy this time of year, because I am such a sport fanatic. I really get into the games. Yes, I am the parent on the side line that actually runs down field along side the kids, encouraging them all the way! Steve laughs at me....but then I remind him that is what being me is all about!
This was the first game of the season, and I think Gavin has found his sport! It is so fun to watch him. He really takes it seriously, and he has become quite good! I have actually never seen him run so fast in his life, and he is just about ornery enough to succeed at the sport!
Here are some pictures of our family outing at the game. It was really nice to have Steve there, because he never gets to see many of the games. He is usually working every Saturdays in Fall, as his company heads into their busy season.

Of course we were rushed to get out of the house. I was panicked, thinking we wouldn't be the usually 1/2 hour early. In our rush to get out the door, we forgot the chairs, so everyone decided to sit on Dad's lap.
Gavin got a chance to play goalie for awhile during the game.
Gavin determined to steal the ball.
Gavin throwing in on the sidelines from a penalty.

After the game, he was so exhausted, and I was celebrating thinking...nap time! O.k. so I wasn't that lucky. I am really looking forward to next week, and Steve is wondering if I really will be the only parent running along the sidelines again!

2 comments:

Mansius Family said...

That is so much fun! We go to my little brother's games now and Joshua has the hardest time just watching. He wants to be in the game playing. We are thinking about putting him soccer in next year. He loves the sport. I can just see you running up and down the side lines. Have fun at the next game.

Marlo said...

You are such a great mom Jen!! Way to go Gavin!!