Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue and Gold Dinner

With the help of my new assistant, Marlo, we had our Blue and Gold dinner on February 24th. It was small, since we only have four cub scouts, but successful. Since it was the 100th anniversary of scouting, we threw a birthday party. I let the kids pick the menu, so of course we had pizza! All of the parents chipped in to bring different salads and desserts, and Marlo did a wonderful job with the decorations!
Since Steve is our Cub Master, he handed out the various awards to the boys.
Ethan was very excited to finish his Wolf, and I always love when he gets to pin me.
He also received two beads toward his advancement rank, along with his basketball, physical fitness, gaming, and photography belt loops.

Marlo's wonderful decorations!

Melissa made the cupcakes! Not only were they good, but she came up with this great surprise for the boys when she decorated them. There was one cupcake with each of their names on it.

Now, we are looking forward to the boys favorite part of the year...the PineWood Derby!




1 comment:

Lani said...

Why can't I love scouts like you seem to Jen? When I read your post I just feel your excitement for it. All I have to do is send Logan out the door and open up his book now and then. Help me be more like you!!