Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

The first weekend of December, our family went to get our Christmas tree. I came up with the bright idea that we should go to a farm and cut it down......let's just say that there shouldn't be Christmas tree farms in a place where it gets over 100 degrees for an extended period of time! The kids were having so much fun hauling around the tree cart and trudging through the dead grass that at places was almost as tall as Wyatt. Most of the trees were already yellow, but the kids didn't care, so Steve and I made the best of it, often times chuckling behind out backs at how pathetic the situation was.

I kid you not that we went through the entire farm before we found one that looked descent! But once we got it home, we turned it into a beautiful tree! I just think next year, we will be hitting the local Lowe's instead of driving all the way up to Shafter! In a funny sort of way, the whole situation set a good spirit for the Christmas season!

1 comment:

Lani said...

I bet your kids had a ton of fun doing that! I'm the pathetic mother that has the fake tree that I can put up when I want, take down when I want and I don't have to water it!