Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

Steve and I always get the kids pajamas that they get to open on Christmas Eve. So after, I wanted to get a picture of all 5 before they headed to bed. (not as easy as I thought it would be!)
Take 1......oops, forgot Reagen!
Take 2....
Take 3......
Take 4.....anyone wondering why we call him "Wild-Guy?"
Take 5.....
Take 6....ok, I give up!
The children we nestled, all snug in Mom's bed........The kids have made it a tradition to sleep with me on Christmas Eve, which is actually kind of fun because we sing carols and then wait to try and hear the reindeer hoofs on the roof! Low and behold, I don't get much rest that night!
Oh the surprise on their faces in the morning when they see that Santa has come!
Wyatt got a new toy garage that goes along perfect with his love of anything that rolls!

There were boardgames......

And watches.....

And luckily there is a Santa to bring the boys their Nintendo DS's that they wanted so badly, cause they know that mom is highly against gaming systems and would never buy them one! (when they wanted a PlayStation, I made them buy it with their own money!)
Averi loved her new ponies and petshops!

And Reagen was just cute and slept through most of the opening of presents!

We played it easy for the day, since it was Steve's first day off in awhile, and enjoyed our Smith Family traditional breakfast that Steve stayed up very late cooking on Christmas Eve after he got home from work. It was a wonderful time, and I found myself disappointed a couple of days later when Steve took down the tree to make space in the living room!

5 comments:

Marlo said...

it's a crazy life with 5 kids (trying to take pictures- impossible) looks like your kids had a great Christmas.... boy Santa sure was nice this year!! ha ha!

DOLLCASA said...

It looks like you all had a great Christmas. I hope you have a very happy new year.

Lani said...

So fun! Merry Christmas Jen.

Amy and Mike said...

What fun family traditions. Your family is so cute. I got your blog address from the relief society. We have a blog as well, but it is private. If you would like an invite just send me your e-mail address. My e-mail is amyloupierce@hotmail.com. By the way our talk a couple weeks ago was wonderful. I really enjoyed it. Sister Amy Sharp

Unknown said...

Hey Jen

It's been a while since I've been on, good thing I chat with you on the phone! :) Looks like you had a great Christmas!! Reagan is so stinking cute in her little Santa outfit....I love it!! I hope we can make it there sometime this summer to see everyone again. I need to see that baby before she gets too big.