Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baseball

This year Ethan and Gavin played baseball for the NOR Parks and Recreation Department. It started in May with practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and when the games started we were up in the Northwest Monday through Thursday. The boys were in different divisions so we ended up having two and a half months full of baseball! I was very impressed with the league and hope they continue to want to play next year. Of course with my love of baseball, they do not have much of an option!!!
Gavin was in t-ball, but they basically ended up turning it into coach pitch!

I really enjoyed watching him play. He possesses some of the competitive nature that I do, and he really put a huge effort into his games. I love this picture with his tongue sticking out in concentration!

He got a chance at many positions, but really enjoyed first base best.



Ethan was in machine pitch this year. I was a bit hesitant about this, because he didn't play last year and therefore missed coach pitch. I went and bought a machine to pitch to him before the season started and quickly realized that he wouldn't have any trouble hitting considering he almost decapitated me with a hit while practicing at home!

It turned out that he went 18 for 21 during the season. I am the proud mother of a child with a 850 batting average! I loved the smile on his face when he hit and made it to base!


Ethan also got to try out different positions. He was usually in the outfield, but also got a chance at third base and pitcher.

Even though it was a very busy season, I was bummed when it was over and I look forward to next year! Averi will be old enough to play then!








2 comments:

Marlo said...

what great pictures! yes soon you will have your own baseball league Jen!!!! Great job Gavin and Ethan!

Lani said...

Great pictures! I love those smiles.
Why oh why can't I take your attitude about my children and sports! You seem to just enjoy it all, why I sit there and count the minutes down and silently curse the game that is soo long.