Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thanks, My Fairy Godmother!

So, I was doing homework with Ethan yesterday, and I started opening the mail. In there was a huge surprise. I was immediately brought to tears, as I realized that I must have a Fairy Godmother! Some people are so thoughtful, and as I sat there speechless, in utter confusion and awe, I realized there would never be enough words to express my thanks and appreciation! I just do not know what to say. Except thanks, a million time over. Whoever you are, your sacrifice has been much appreciated. I can't even express in words my feelings....I could go on forever about this thoughtfulness, but I do not think that there is enough tribute that I could give.

So, this weekend we are going camping. Yes, the Smith Family is actually getting out of Bakersfield! I know, it is a miracle. I have been looking forward to this trip forever, (and Steve and I had actually had decided that we couldn't go.....up until yesterday.) I haven't even told the kids we were going, because we have had to cancel too many outing lately, and I cannot handle the disappointment on their faces. So, as an extra surprise, while the kids are at Pappa and Grandma's on Friday, I am going to pack the truck and get everything ready. When they come home on Saturday morning, I am going to tell them that we are going on a drive, so hurry up and get into the truck. Then, when we finally get out of Bakersfield, I'll surprise them with the news. I can't wait to see the look on their faces, or hear the excitement in their voices! So, whomever made this possible, I pay tribute and give you a huge Thank You!!!!

So, as for another thought.....I just have to say that I feel so lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Not only is Steve a hard worker, but he has always pulled his weight around the home. I think there is nothing more sexy than a man who will change diapers, cook, and whom isn't afraid to fold laundry! Oh yeah, and vacuum, clean bathrooms, help kids with their homework, mow the lawn, wash the cars....etc Anyways, Steve has been nothing but supportive of me lately in my quest to beat this lame autoimmune disease that has taken over my body. He has literally done everything he can to make sure that my environment is stress free. I haven't cooked a dinner in over a week! He never complains, and at the end of the evening, he always finds time to massage my aching muscles, give me a foot rub, and tuck me in goodnight. I am so lucky and blessed! Oh yeah, and he even reads the Twilight series, (more than once) so we can have some good discussions. Anyways, I love you Steve, and appreciate you more than I can say. Oh yeah, did I mention how sexy I think he is? LOL!!!

3 comments:

Lani said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you're heading out. I know how much you love to camp. I'm shouting out a BIG THANK YOU to your Fairy Godmother too! You deserve to enjoy life after all your stress.
And I do have to say it's a good man who'll read Twilight more than once-Kudos to Steve!!
I never did talk to you about book #4 I just loved it! It was the perfect ending for me. But she did leave it wide open for a new series. I'll have to get you on the phone to chat about it-and I'll be sending out email with my new cell number (I lost my phone-Oh well, that's my life). Talk to you later. HAVE FUN CAMPING!!!

Marlo said...

hey Jen,
I hope you have a wonderful weekend... so glad you get to get away. hope it's a nice trip for you and stress free!! talk to you when you get back!!

Unknown said...

OH, That was a nice thing to say about your husband. He is a hard worker and you are blessed. Nice Fairy Godmother whoever it is. You definitely deserved a break!!!