Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school. The boys were so excited that they didn't even finish their breakfast. They are so ready to go back to school, and have learned not to say, "I'm bored!" around me, cause I put them to work! Gavin will have quite an adjustment going from kindergarten to first grade, and being at school for more than just four hours. Ethan was a bit hesitant as he entered his new classroom. I think he has some anxiety about a new teacher.


We walk to school always on the first day, and usually after that until it gets too cold for Averi and Wyatt. I enjoy doing this, because it always gets me up and going in the morning.
As for me....well, I had...lets just call it a little breakdown on Sunday. With these health problems I have been having, I have been doing really good about staying away from certain foods, mainly caffeine, MSG, and chocolate (even though that has been the toughest). However, I still haven't managed to learn how to stay away from stress. These last two weeks, since I started my medicine, I have felt pretty well, except for an MSG incident, and I have been out of pain for the first time in four months! It has been so nice. So, on Saturday, Steve and I started talking bills, life, etc, and I immediately started stressing out. Pain started shooting down my arms and legs, and lasted through the sleepless night, along with a major headache. On Sunday, I skipped church to get some rest and try to overcome this episode. I ended up throwing up a PB&J, immediately looking to see if I had eaten any MSG, which I hadn't. I tell you...these autoimmune disease are weird! Anyways, it was one fun two days for me. I am feeling better now. I just have to master stress! And anyone who knows me, knows I am ornery enough to learn how!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Oh I really wish I were there to take your kids for a few hours and give you a break!! Sorry you're going through all of that Jen. The boys looked so handsome on their first day back. I still am so impressed that you rearranged all those boundaries! Tomorrow my 3 start-yea I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

Ok dumb computer it better save my entry this time. I'm glad your feeling better. Maybe I will see you at "Pre-School" :) You were missed in Primary!!