Friday, August 6, 2010

Best Birthday Party Ever!

For Gavin and Averi's Birthday, we rented a giant slip and slide. I had never seen one before, but let me assure you it was giant! It took up our whole side yard! I never imagined it would be as much fun as it was. We had a ton of family, neighbors, and friends over.
The kids enjoyed the slide so much that it was difficult to get them off to eat, blow out birthday candles, or even open presents.
If you bounced just a bit at the top, you would really slide down very fast.
I was surprised how much Averi enjoyed it. I thought that she may be a bit scared...but not at all. We even got Wyatt up there, even though I had to carry him up and basically push him down.
The adult turnout was great as well. I think we were all pretty amazed at how much fun the kids were having!
Once I got on the slide, there was no getting off. Steve was nice enough to BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers for the whole gang!
It was such a hot day....107 degrees, that we had to escape inside for some cool air.
We had to beg the kids to stop and sing Happy Birthday!
Krystal giving Reagen her first bite of cake.....and also her first drink of soda!

I knew it was a hit, no so much that the kids had fun, but also that all the adults got involved and went down the slide, some even with their clothes on. It was just too hot to sit around and watch.
My Mom and I we one of the first to get in around 11:00 a.m. and we were literally on the slide or in the pool the entire day! Here is a picture of us going down together!
Grandma!
Lori and her daughter
MaraLee Ziebarth just got back from girls camp and came over to join her husband and kids. She is so much fun that she just went down with her clothes on.
We have decided that we are going to make it a tradition for Gavin and Averi's Birthday to rent the slide every year! Even after all the guests left, the kids and I stayed and played until 7:00 that night!
















No comments: