Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Week....So Far....!!!!!

So, this week has been crazy. I have spent everyday trying to get ready to go on our family vacation. I am attempting to pack everyone into carry-ons, so that I don't have to pay the extra fee to check in baggage....(because we all know how much of a fan I am of that!) So far, I am doing pretty good, as long as Averi doesn't fall over from the weight of her and Wyatt's clothes in her backpack! I have decided that packing for four children isn't that easy, and there is a lot of laundry to do before the process is complete!.....On that note, just a funny story. I was starving the other night, and Steve decided to b-b-q up some of the steaks we bought in bulk. I was doing laundry in the garage, when I heard the kids scream, "Forest Fire!!! Forest Fire!!!" I'm thinking in my head...what the heck???? I go outside to see that the grass in the backyard was splotched with fire, along with the wood bench and Christmas Tree stand (please don't ask why that is still out there!) Steve was running into the house while I was running out to turn on the hose. Luckily, he knew where the fire extinguisher was, and despite all the smoke and confusion we managed to put it out within a couple of minutes. Luckily the neighbors didn't call the fire department. Actually, I am glad I still have a home, despite the chard back lawn!...To make this long story short.....Steve couldn't get the coals lit, so he was going to put some gasoline on them! When he opened the gas can, it sprayed, and caught his whole face and hair on fire. The gas can somehow ended up out on the grass, proceeding to burn parts of it up, along with the wood bench. Averi was in the backyard, with eyes as wide as can be! When Steve finished with the extinguisher, the gas can was still on fire. He tried to get it into the kids pool to put it out, and it proceeded to pop the pool, and ended up in the garden, where Averi began to scream,"My Pumpkin Plants, My Pumpkin Plants!" I think we only lost one of them though. Believe it or not, it was a very funny scene that I laughed at for a good 15 minutes afterwords, until I realized what had happened to Steve. He is burnt pretty bad and is blistering on his hands, nose, and forehead! He is going to kill me for posting this, because of course he doesn't want anyone knowing!
Then, today, Steve got home from work early, and he offered to clean the house while I took Gavin to his baseball game. Sounded great to me. I had some last minute errands to run before we head out tomorrow, so this was the opportunity! I took Averi and Gavin with me, and before his game we ended up at Walmart for various thing for our trip. Averi was complaining that her stomach hurt, which is what she always says when she is hungry. I kept telling her I would get her food before the game. We made it to the checkout, and while I was paying, Averi proceeded to empty what seemed like and entire week of stomach contents all over herself and the floor! I think she just sat there for about two minutes throwing up. Everyone was staring at us, and I lifted up her dress to catch the puke, only to realize she is not waring any underwear! (she is famous for leaving the house without any on!) I thought, "oh well, you'll jut have to puke all over the floor!" I look up at the lady at the checkout and just say, "cleanup at check stand 3!" She continued to throw up until she went to bed tonight, and I am hoping she will be better tomorrow considering we are leaving on vacation!
So far, an interesting week. Hopefully next week, I will have some good pictures of Chicago, Nauvoo, and St. Louis!

4 comments:

Lani said...

Poor Steve! That's pretty scary, but hopefully he's doing better.
AND, I know it wasn't funny in the moment, but "cleanup at checkstand 3", had me rolling! Poor Averi AND poor you.
I hope you have such a good time on your vacation!!
Are you guys going just for fun or is there a reason?!!

Marlo said...

oh Jen... I read this the day you posted it, but didn't have time to comment... oh these stories were great!!! Glad I just got to read about them though and not experience them!! Hope your having a fantastic time back east... with no sickness!!

DOLLCASA said...

I can't believe your last couple of days. I hope you have a great trip and I am excited to read all about it.

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!! Well by now hopefully you are on your trip. Oh, I so wanted to call you and then realized this was posted 4 days ago. Oh, my gosh Jen I am laughing so hard, I absolutely LOVE your stories. They totally make my day!!! Oh, I have tears running down my cheeks right now. I can just picture everything that happened. Poor Steve I hope he recovers ok. There is NEVER a dull moment in your home!!! I LOVE IT!!! I hope you had a GREAT time on your trip!!