Saturday, April 18, 2009

Baby #5! It's A ???????????

I figured since this is my fifth baby, I was entitled to a 4d ultrasound. I have been so anxious to find out what I am having, and I didn't want to wait until I was 20 weeks to find out. So, I schueduled the appointment for today, and envited my mom and Steve. Then I found out that Steve had to work and wouldn't be able to make it. He made me promise to call him when I found out the sex. So, my mom and I went to the appointment. She has seen all the gender determing ultasounds for all five of my children!
When I found out I was pregnant, I really really really wanted a girl. But, as time has gone by, and with the result of my Intelligender Test revealing I was having a boy, I started to get used to the idea. A boy would be pretty fun too since Wyatt and the baby will be so close in age. The only problem was that Steve and I were having a hard time coming up with any names for a boy. I figured I will turn it over to my fellow bloggers for some suggestions and help in that department.
Baby Sighting was a really nice place. I actually layed down in a bed for the ultrasound. The technician was having a hard time trying to determine the sex, because the baby wouldn't open its legs! Well, there was finally a good shot of the sex.
After the ultrasound, I immediately called Steve. He really wanted a girl very badly! I said to him, "Will you be alright with another son?" He said, "Sure, why not?" Then I told him, "Well, that's too bad, because you're getting a little girl!"
We are both so excited! I actually cried when the technician wrote 'It's A Girl' on the screen.

7 comments:

Marlo said...

Oh my goodness Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading this with such anticipation.... I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWW! okay now I gotta call you!!

Lani said...

Yea!! A sister for Averi! I'm so excited for you!!!!
I guess there's going to be 2 little princesses at the Smith house and both with daddy wrapped around their fingers!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Amanda B. said...

How exciting for you both!! A sweet little girl. :)

Unknown said...

I bet Averi is SOOOO excited. That's AWESOME another baby girl for Steve to Spoil!!!! Keep an eye on Averi....lol

DOLLCASA said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family. Averi is going to be a great big sister. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great.

camille said...

Wow! Thank goodness girls are in the making! Our ward is packed full of boys! Congrats!

Melia said...

Congrats Jen and steve!! I was so excited when i got the text from annie. That's awesome!! It was great to see you guys! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! btw no i wasn't prego...but maybe soon. :)